Thursday 1 May 2014

How Long...?

In our world, The Battle has been going on for about a year now--yes, a whole year--but how long do you think it's been for the characters since Mark Tane fired that fateful shot?




We've never really mention time on CaC2, aside from passing references that often leave many players confused. For instance, during the Battle of Cloud City, Gamey described Gnawthrul as "disappearing into the night." However, some players had been imagining the scene taking place during the day. Nobody really seems to have the present time pinned down.
 The whole system's gotten tangled. Weeks might pass in the Bounty Hunter plotline, while only a few moments in the Holocron Quest--and these stories are supposed to be happening in unison! Time-warps, time zones and secret histories just add to the confusion. Honestly, I don't know if Essa's known Lessa for a whole year or just a few hours. Or the entire Battle could be one very eventful day.
Personally, I don't think there's anything we can do to bring order to the Battle. It'd just mess up the plot and give us one more ball to juggle. But I'd estimate that Essa's been hunting with Javez and Lessa for about six months. Kian, Kazadan and Cald have been together for... maybe... two months? Aza hooked up with Astrid about a week ago, and the Holocron Quest feels like it's gone on for nearly a year.
What do you guys think? How long has the Battle lasted in your opinion?

Lylyss Silvertree
Blog Editor

PS
I'm still trying to figure out how to upload images to the blog, so I'm sorry if you can't see the night sky I tried to post. *sigh* It sure was a pretty sky...

5 comments:

  1. The best way to upload pictures to a blog is to save them to your computer, then use the photo uploader to bring them in that way. In my opinion, at least.

    I don't think the Holocron Quest has gone on for a full year, though I could be wrong. Closer to several months. The rest of the time estimates sound about right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the Holocron Quest dropped out of play halfway through the Battle due to Ellron's absence, there was a large portion of the time taken of that. I could say it's gone on for a few days. xD That may not be the case, though.

    I notice this too. The best way I deal with it is to treat it as a draft and think of some parts as happening previous to the other posts at that time. For example, Pyre's fight with Kal took a long time, so I skipped out the time it would have taken for his trip back to Essa and Javez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh... Sorry about that ^-^'
      Anyways, I think most of those sound about right, though I think the Holocron Quest has been going for maybe a couple of months or so. I think that Mark's shot was fired a year ago for characters like Essa, with whom a TON has happened since then, but for other characters, like Aza and Cypher, probably no more than six or seven months.
      I know, it's weird and confusing, but that's how I see it.

      Delete
  3. I saw it! Annnd I think time is a relative impossibility in this situation :/ sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say Kian, Kazadan and Cald have been together for a while longer than that. But I forget when Cald actually joined the group so I might be wrong. But it's been at least six months since Si's death, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete

CaC2er? Comment, by all means!
Elf of the Underground? Welcome, and we hope you join CaC2!
Viewer? You're welcome to comment, as long as it's relevant.